How Do I Book a Consultation with a Lawyer or Mediator?
There are three easy ways to book a consultation with a lawyer or mediator, at Morrison LLP:
- Call us at 587-758-1099;
- Email our firm at [email protected];
- Fill in the contact form below.
We are happy to meet with you in person or over the phone—it is up to you.
What Information Will I Need to Provide the Lawyer?
Typically we need to know the following information before booking a full consultation:
- Your name, your partner’s name.
- Your previous lawyer’s name, your partner’s lawyer’s name.
- Your basic contact information (address, phone number, email).
- Any upcoming court dates.
- Any pleadings (documents filed with the court like a Statements of Claim or an Affidavit).
- A brief summary of your legal issues & key facts:
- When you and your partner began living together (cohabiting);
- When you and your partner were married;
- When you and your partner stopped living together (separated);
- How many children you have;
- How much you and your partner do for work, and how much you typically earn in a year;
- What major properties (both assets and debts) do you and your partner have (Do you have a house and mortgage, or RRSP and line of credit?).
Once you have spoken with our receptionist, they will forward your information to one of our lawyers. If we believe that we can help you then we will call you back and schedule an in-person meeting or telephone meeting.
What Do I Need to Bring to the Initial Consultation?
Before retaining us, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Two pieces of identification, one of which must have a photograph.
- Copies of any pleadings (documents filed with the court).
- A method of payment (you wouldn’t work for free, and neither will we)!
Reach Out to an Lawyer Today
Although we are based in Edmonton and Red Deer, our lawyers—and practicing mediators—are proud to serve much of northern Alberta, including the following communities:
- Edmonton & Area – Sherwood Park, Beaumont, Leduc, Fort Saskatchewan, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain.
- North – Athabasca, Morinville, Westlock, Gibbons, Barrhead, Redwater, Peace River, High Level, Fort McMurray.
- West – Drayton Valley, Edson, Hinton, Whitecourt, Devon.
- South – Camrose, Wetaskiwin, Millet, Calmar.
- East – Vegreville, St. Paul, Cold Lake, Bonnyville, Vermillion, Wainwright, Tofield.